It was good to attend a jam in a new place, after quite a while  After some serious sketching, it was time to  investigate the Rangoli Centre and children's play area, so Ramya  and I took a walk down MG Road.

Aditya's thumbnails, since we do not see them on Penciljammers - the others are in Din's pics.

Ramya in front of 'Anticipation' - one of the many wire and iron scrap sculptures around the place.  This photo should have been taken from the other end of the building, it would have made the title of the sculpture clear, maybe the next time.

There are about three halls showcasing the photos of the metro, old photos of Bangalore, and this which seemed to be some sort of interactive game.We had no time to explore.  Also there is an area with snippets of information about Bangalore and a friendship corner.

The Chanapatna toy stall, where he showed us how the paint is applied on the toys, and then sandpapered to get a smooth shiny- glass finish.

These toys are timeless - adults and kids were fascinated with them. Ramya I hope that this pic helps.

Jammers you have to do a recon the next time, which is why I have included these pictures.

Views: 634

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, finally some pictures of the actual Art Centre! :D Very informative, Nandita. Thanks for shooting and sharing.

awesome pics Nandita! yes the reference toy seller helps :)

Wonderful pictures Nandita...nice to see such a well attended meet. And Aditya's thumbnails look very good.

Great pictures and sketches!

Wonderful pictures. Tempting me to visit this place..

Nice Photographs. I like the one with Ramya near the ''Ants'' :)

Thanks all for the positive comments, I have not posted all the pics, (namely the snakes and ladders and other sculptures), otherwise no one will go to check out the centre.

Thanks for the fave, Dinesh.

RSS

Members

Love drawing? you're at the right place, Penciljammers is a community of people, just like you. Grab your sketchbook and join us.

© 2018   Created by Pencil Jam.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service