What is your perception of yourself? Visually.

Today's assignment is to do a self-character sketch, a self-portrait of yourself. Go beyond the regular aspects such as facial characteristics. Try exploring body language or your personality through gestures. Or simply go wild and visualise yourself as a medieval conqueror, zombie, slug or anything else that you always thought you were.

Views: 151

Replies to This Discussion

first sketch was on paper.... and the second one is a cleaned up version done in flash. i think the pencil sketch has a better feel.

btw are digital drawings allowed?? i mean, it's technically still a "drawing" ...

thanks! :)
That's sweet. I agree, the first one is more spontaneous.

Digital drawing is fine. We just push people to draw more traditionally because it offers a better base. Ashte.

dinesh francis said:

Early mornings and I don't get along very well.

Ah, so. I like your stuff George. Can you tell me what medium you've used? The first one, is it water colour paints? And the last one I can't figure out.
Heya SL,

The first is watercolour, photocolours, colour pencils, some acryli...
The second one is Digital. Painted using www.artweaver.de
The third is a Japanese brush Pen
The fourth is Photoshop

And another mixed media...

I just scrounged up all the self portraits I had lying around. But watercolours are my current fav medium.

SL Rao said:
Early mornings and I don't get along very well.
Dandy. I love watercolours. Time to buy myself some more material. Where can one procure a japanese brush and watercolour pens in our Bengalooru? Wondering if I should get someone in the US to pick them up for me.
A friend in Japan sent me mine. I dont think these are available here...

SL Rao said:
Dandy. I love watercolours. Time to buy myself some more material. Where can one procure a japanese brush and watercolour pens in our Bengalooru? Wondering if I should get someone in the US to pick them up for me.
Hiya!

I managed to do this during a slower hour at work....... :-) Absolutely love everyones beautiful work in this here group!
Attachments:
wow, that's an interesting piece of work my friend.. very creative!! :)

Asphodel said:
Hiya!

I managed to do this during a slower hour at work....... :-) Absolutely love everyones beautiful work in this here group!

RSS

Events

Members

Love drawing? you're at the right place, Penciljammers is a community of people, just like you. Grab your sketchbook and join us.

© 2019   Created by Pencil Jam.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service