Early this morning there was an email waiting for me. It was fromthis guy and it was a suggestion for today's theme, and what a fantastic theme it is.

John James Audubon was an ornithologist, naturalist and painter among numerous other things. What is of tremendous fascinationis that he too was a jammer! John drew to study, observe and document and dear god... how he did it! His drawings were finally transferred onto copper plate for etching, which explains the delicate line quality in his drawings.

You will notice that he didn't just study and draw birds, but carefully designed the composition to allow for behavioral detail to shine through.

Today's daily drawing is a celebration of Audubon. Find a photograph of a bird, study it and reproduce it in a way that would make John James proud.

Check out some of his work...

And a huge file so you can zoom in... and another one for luck,here...

Many thanks Anil, for this awesome theme.

Views: 1404

Replies to This Discussion

:D

fantastic!

Great illustration!
WOW! Colourful
This is beautiful!
Its lovely! and colorful!
So much colour! It almost contradicts the "European" part of the name. Its Indian cousin I did is more European in plumage! :-) Lovely work Prabha!

Wow, a rich blend of colours! Is the original bird actually so colourful?!

I like the understated action in the scene, a difficult pose to draw convincingly!

Awww the draaagonflieeee!
rangoli bird...nice one!
Wow. Great colours!

My fascination with Swans

RSS

Events

Members

Love drawing? you're at the right place, Penciljammers is a community of people, just like you. Grab your sketchbook and join us.

© 2019   Created by Pencil Jam.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service