CWA were at Nageswara Rao Park, Luz, Mylapore by 7 am today to sketch at the regular morning concert held at the park on the first Sunday of each month. This is an event sponsored by Sundaram Finance Ltd. and is officially known as the Sunday Kutcheri in the Park. It is a mike-less concert and it is held to encourage artistes who are less than 15 years old. Today's performance was vocal rendering by HG Poornima a Std IX student, accompanied by Karthik on the violin and Venkataraman on the mridangam.

Murali, Francis, Rajamaran, GS, Prabha, Nithya, Kalpana, Lakshmi, Sheela, Elango, Kandha Swamy, and Balaji attended the event. Alok, who had been travelling arrived from N. India and came directly to the park but got there only after the concert was over. 

The concert was over by 8 am but CWA members stayed on to sketch people, trees, activities and so on. The nice thing about this venue is the shade under the trees and the warmth of the regulars who are so very supportive of our activities.

These are photographs that I took with my phone camera. You can click on them to view them full size. Hopefully others will post better photographs into this thread along with their artwork.

Sunday Kutcheri in the Park

Elango

Francis, Kandha, Kalpana, Rajamaran, & Murali

GS and Nithya

Lakshmi, Kalpana, Kandha, Rajamaran, and Francis with others

Murali and Rajamaran

Murali, GS, and Nithya

Murali, Kandha Swamy, Francis, GS and others

Portrait by Murali

Prabha and Kandha Swamy

Prabha's skills, keenly observed

Views: 833

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Nithya, Kalpana and Balaji !!! Am very much encouraged by your comments.

@ Balaji...about cropping up the picture. I think it is a good suggestion :)

Superb report and pics Balaji!

Thanks Murali. When you have the time please post your photos and sketches in this thread too.

Here is my first watercolour work based on the pen & ink sketch that I made on location at this event.

Very nice !

In addition to the pen and ink thumbnails I made one quick ink sketch in my tiny pocket sketchbook and coloured it later at home. 

Very nice ! You have captured the pose so well.

Thank you Prabha. I was sitting right next to him and sketched him looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

Colourng is very good Balaji. The proportions of the man is a bit lopsided, more like my drawings.

That must be the way he looked as you were so close to him.

This is a sketch I did at home , referred to the photograph taken at the park.

Hey ,I can recognise both the artists!

You've got our likeness very well.

Thank you :)

RSS

Members

Love drawing? you're at the right place, Penciljammers is a community of people, just like you. Grab your sketchbook and join us.

© 2018   Created by Pencil Jam.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service