Jothi and Manavalan were the early birds at today's event. Dakshina Chitra was not yet open to the public and they therefore went to Muttukadu and produced some delightful boat sketches which you will see in the collected works posted in this thread.

We had about a dozen members, I think, in attendance today. I am not sure, because Dakshina Chitra is a large place with very many delightful sketching locations. It is very easy to miss one another unless you are in touch over the phone or meet at some agreed spot at a fixed time. 

Until a few weeks ago an attendance of a dozen members would have delighted all of us. But we have now consistently had around 30 participants every week and therefore the turnout was disappointing. This is especially so since Dakshina Chitra is such a lovely place for sketching, offering a variety of opportunities. 

Today, when we had wound up our sketching session and were on our way to sharing our work with one another, we had a very pleasant bonus session. Gowthami, a visitor to Dakshina Chitra from Andhra Pradesh offered to sit for us and all of us jumped at the opportunity to do some impromptu portrait sketching. Jothi's portrait sketch of her was so good that she requested him to give it to her, which he did to her delight.

Totally focussed!

Gowthami, who sat for us.

Gowthami being sketched by Jothi.

Collected Works 1

Collected works 2 (A few members had done multiple sketches and hence this additional collected works post.)

Collected works 3 (A few members had done multiple sketches and hence this additional collected works post.)

Collected works 4 (A few members had done multiple sketches and hence this additional collected works post.)

Collected portrait sketches.

Gowthami with Jothi's sketch.

Unplanned portrait sketching session.

Portrait sketchers with their model

Sumitha's artwork being admired.

Jothi and Manavalan appreciating Sumitha's artwork.

Views: 2338

Replies to This Discussion

Balaji, It's delightful to read your report and look at the pictures. In spite of weather and distance its so nice to see so much action!

And the art work that was turned out...that's a plenty! As you said, this place has so much variety as is evident from the sketches! and the surprise element of a live portrait has added to it.

Thank you GS. It was a very enjoyable event but we missed you and the other absentees very much.

Francis, I really like your creative shoots!

Rocking. Very well composed images Francis.. Very pleasing..

There was an in house art work program for  children from corporation schools was going on.

It was interesting.we appreciated them.

Nithya told me about this art workshop, but it was around the time when we were to meet and compare notes. I was sorry that I could not pay a visit, but then, had I gone there I might have missed the unplanned portrait sketching session. 

Francis, you are also another good photographer in our CWA.... very nice shots :)

The pillar was half the size as you see below.but I made it full so that the lady could lean properly.

RSS

Events

Members

Love drawing? you're at the right place, Penciljammers is a community of people, just like you. Grab your sketchbook and join us.

© 2017   Created by Pencil Jam.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service