It was a great day. Perfect weather for being outside. A tempo traveller full of eager artists. Lovely Nrityagram resonating with music in the rustic setting.....

Here is the fountain pen sketch I started and then completed at home.

Here are two that I made from photographs. After I completed the pen drawing there was yearning for colour and I added some dashes of it.

Here is the one with some colour.

Here are some photographs of Nrityagram

Views: 1778

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whew, such details in such small sketches. Great to see your beautiful work after quite some time, Smee!

Smitha, great work, love the one framed by the foliage. Waiting for more.  We should go back again, going around the place and sitting for the Odissi dance practice by the Seniors and later the little ones took up alot of time, and of course the photographs too.  I did a sketch of the entrance and part of the Raymond Gurukul, and still have to paint it.

Beautiful!! I loved the second one. Wow

excellent sketches!

Superb sketches Smitha! I love the line quality and composition in all three.

Thank you all :D We will definitely go back!

Sunday started early for most of the jammers, and it was nice to see a good number of fresh-faced, eager jammers (after a long time), gathered at Cubbon Park.  

Quaint stone constructions, thatched roofs,  very 'village' inspired, the place has a lot of charm.  For those who do pen and ink and detailed sketches this is the place to go.  Various textures, little niches housing small statues, images under shady trees -will have them salivating.

A temple to the late Protima Bedi is at the entrance, near the yoga centre.  At the ticket counter we were
informed  about the layout  of the place and the rules. Many were disappointed that permission was not granted
to sketch the graceful dancers.  

There were the Gurukuls where the dancer's were practicing- the senior's at Raymond Gurukul
and the younger kids at the Children's Gurukul.  After a group photo we all dispersed to investigate,
some going in to see Danseuse Surupa Sen coaching the seniors, other's getting started on their sketches.

Since the place is closed on Mondays and public holidays, and the timings are 10 am to 2 pm, anyone interested
in checkng out the place would do well to find out the details. 

A few photos from the jam:

Stopping for breakfast.

Symbolic sculpture  - Women holding up the earth, at the entrance.

The amphitheatre where 'Vasantahabba' is held once a year.

Jammers absorbed in sketching

Detail of the roof in the shelter.

Outside Raymond Gurukul where the Seniors were being coached.

Time to packup - checking out everyone's work

The guest cottage

George was walking around taking candid photos of jammers, I am sure that he will upload those soon.

Meena, here is the one I took.. are you referring the same ? 

Beautiful! I think we call this a nagalinga flower in Tamilnadu.

Beautiful place, beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing, Nandita.

I enjoyed reading your account of the event Nandita, and viewing your lovely photographs.

Lovely documentation Nandita. As always I enjoy reading your summary of the event :)

RSS

Events

Members

Love drawing? you're at the right place, Penciljammers is a community of people, just like you. Grab your sketchbook and join us.

© 2019   Created by Pencil Jam.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service