CWA were at Nageswara Rao Park, Luz, Mylapore by 7 am today to sketch at the regular morning concert held at the park on the first Sunday of each month. This is an event sponsored by Sundaram Finance Ltd. and is officially known as the Sunday Kutcheri in the Park. It is a mike-less concert and it is held to encourage artistes who are less than 15 years old. Today's performance was vocal rendering by HG Poornima a Std IX student, accompanied by Karthik on the violin and Venkataraman on the mridangam.

Murali, Francis, Rajamaran, GS, Prabha, Nithya, Kalpana, Lakshmi, Sheela, Elango, Kandha Swamy, and Balaji attended the event. Alok, who had been travelling arrived from N. India and came directly to the park but got there only after the concert was over. 

The concert was over by 8 am but CWA members stayed on to sketch people, trees, activities and so on. The nice thing about this venue is the shade under the trees and the warmth of the regulars who are so very supportive of our activities.

These are photographs that I took with my phone camera. You can click on them to view them full size. Hopefully others will post better photographs into this thread along with their artwork.

Sunday Kutcheri in the Park

Elango

Francis, Kandha, Kalpana, Rajamaran, & Murali

GS and Nithya

Lakshmi, Kalpana, Kandha, Rajamaran, and Francis with others

Murali and Rajamaran

Murali, GS, and Nithya

Murali, Kandha Swamy, Francis, GS and others

Portrait by Murali

Prabha and Kandha Swamy

Prabha's skills, keenly observed

Views: 1028

Replies to This Discussion

Nice write up and lovely photographs !!

Nice write up and photos.

Waiting to put up my sketches!

Our event was reported in the Mylapore Times by Sumita Pai. You can read the report at this link.

Here are my sketches from the event. I concentrated on doing several small and very quick sketches on two A3 size papers with the intention of developing these into watercolour sketches. I propose to add these colour sketches in due course to this thread.

Sunday Kutcheri in the Park

Ardent Music Fans.

A very sketchable lady

Reading in the shade

Exercising with a cell phone

Baby's day out.

A view in the park

A keen observer

Sketching away

Great captures, all of them. People postures and general atmosphere. Waiting to see the watercolour versions.

Thank you Kalpana for the comment on the sketches, photos and write-up. 

Lovely sketches Balaji. All different subjects and different poses. Waiting for the coloured ones .

Thank you Prabha for your comments on the sketches and also on the write up and photos. I hope to post the colour versions in a couple of days.

I am posting this on behalf of Rajamaran. He sketched this on location, in a matter of minutes, during the Morning Concert event. No prizes for guessing who this is.

Superb!!! 

Awesome !

It was great to get a cup of coffee a soon as we arrived. Did a total view of the concert area.

Jel pen with minmal pencil shading.

A lovely gracious lady, who spoke only Telugu. she posed patiently for us.Her son would translate any comments to her which we made in English or Tamil.So got her name and added the respectful "garu"to the same.

RSS

Events

Members

Love drawing? you're at the right place, Penciljammers is a community of people, just like you. Grab your sketchbook and join us.

© 2019   Created by Pencil Jam.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service