This sunday we are jamming at a coconut grove not too far from the city. The farm also has subjects of the bovine persuasion, as you can see in Smitha's lovely studies from the last time we visited the place.
Like all great treasures, this one involves a bit of a hunt. Here are directions on how to get to Swarna Basava Farm:
- On Tumkur Road (from Bangalore after jalahalli signal ) take a right turn at the 8th milestone
- Reach hesarghatta
- After about 4km, take right at Basavanna temple
- Keep going for 6-7 km on madure temple Road (shani temple) until you reach kodihalli milk booth
- Take immediate right you will see Swarna Basava Farm
and here is the google map link:
- There are no restaurants, so we are going to have a potluck lunch. Please bring along a little extra food and a couple of extra plates.
- Those who are driving down, could you please carry some extra drinking water for everyone?
- We will carry back our garbage from the farm, so please bring along a garbage bag.